IMPORTANT! READ + HEED
- Ethanol Fuel is a Class 3 Flammable Liquid and Presents real danger when not used in direct compliance with the equipment
- To ensure safe use you must carefully read and adhere to all the manufacturer instructions. These instructions should be kept for reference and provided to ANYONE planning to use Ethanol Fuel in a burning device (equipment).
- Do not store Ethanol Fuel in direct sunlight, or allow to become heated: always keep in a dry cool area.
- Dispose of unused contents and empty bottles in accordance with local regulations for hazardous materials.
- Ethanol vapors are heavier than air. Vapors may settle in low or confined areas, or travel long distances along a surface to an ignition source where they may ignite or flashback. Dangerous amounts of vapor can be created when refilling a hot burning device. Flame may be nearly invisible; approach fire with caution and be certain that fire is out. Do not open bottle in presence of a flame or ignition source. BURNING DEVICES MUST BE ALLOWED TO COOL DOWN COMPLETELY TO THE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE BEFORE REFILLING.
- Ethanol Fuel, when not used correctly and safely can cause serious burns, destruction of property, or even death.
US Government Regulations American Ethanol Fireplace Fuel has been formulated to safe for the environment. Like any flammable liquid, it is classified as hazardous materials (HAZMAT) and but can be shipped in bottles of 1 liter or less under an ORM-D classification. Our Proprietary formula has been tested by an independent laboratory; it emits primarily water vapor and non-hazardous CO2 when burned and is suitable for indoor use. US TTB The role of the Alcohol + Tabacco Tax + Trade Bureau is to ensure that ethanol (alcohol) products are properly denatured and in compliance with Federal Law. American Ethanol has been submitted and is an approved formulation by the TTB. US DOT The Department of Transportation ensures that regulated hazardous materials (HAZMAT) are shipped in compliance with Federal Safety requirements. American Ethanol fuel, bottle, cap, shipping carton, and label have all been submitted nd approved by the DOT. In addition, flammable liquids must be shipped by an approved HAZMAT carrier. The warehouse must be licensed to handle HAZMAT materials and employees must be trained and certified to ship HAZMAT materials. You can rest assured that we have taken every step to ensure that American Ethanol is safe for you, and for the planet.
CAUTION/ DANGER/ FLAMMABLE High Flammable + Extremely dangerous if not handled according to instructions. Keep out of reach of Children. Fuel may burn with nearly invisible flame. Never refill a hot burner! Allow Full cool down before refueling. Always follow equipment manufacturers’ instructions and safety recommendations. Precautions: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep container tightly sealed and in a dry cool place out of direct sunlight. Do not Ingest. Avoid contact with eyes. Storage: Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Avoid all possible sources of ignition. First Aid mesaures: Eyes: Immediately flush affected area with plenty of cool water. Flush eyes for at least 15 minutes. Seek immediate medical attention. Skin: Rinse exposed area well with water and wash with soap. If irritation persists, consult a physician or dermatologist. Ingestion: If vistom is conscious and able to swallow, have victim drink water or milk to dilute. Never give anything by mouth if victim is unconscious or convulsing. Do not induce vomiting. Call a physician or poison control center immediately. Inhalation: Immediate move victim to fresh air. In case of breathing difficulties, administer artificial respiration. If there is not immediate improvement, seek medical assistance.
MSDS for Nu-Flame® - Ethanol
As a safety measure, we provide our Manufacturers’ Safety Data Sheet on PDF format for our customers. Download Here